Job Title: Learning Programs Developer
Organization: Providence Children’s Museum
Location: Providence, RI
Start Date: Late summer/early fall
Providence Children’s Museum is Rhode Island’s only museum especially for children, parents and care providers. Its mission is to inspire and celebrate learning through active play and exploration. The Early Childhood Learning Programs Developer is responsible for the development and functioning of early childhood play and learning experiences at the Museum and in the community, ensuring content accuracy, age-appropriateness and excellence in presentation of programs. Specific expectations include:
• Supervise AmeriCorps team in developing and implementing outreach activities for Head Start classrooms
• Develop and present or supervise presentation of high quality learning activities for general public at the Museum and in the community
• Develop and lead professional development training for educators and childcare workers
• Serve as a senior member of the Education Department in developing policies, procedures, training and plans for programs, environments and the smooth operation of the visitor experience at the Museum
• Work collaboratively with visitor services, communications and exhibits staff at the Museum to coordinate schedules, manage resources, and implement strategic plan goals
• Proven track record as a dynamic educator and leader with strong interpersonal skills
• Minimum five years experience in an educational environment, at least three of those in informal learning program development
• Bachelor’s level degree in education or equivalent experience
• Excellent attention to detail while setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines and flexibly solving problems in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Familiar with learning theory and informal education techniques for children ages 1 to 8
• Experience in training and supervising staff; experience working with community engagement and outreach
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/ASL) a plus.
Providence Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer. Members of racial/ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with health plan, vacation and personal time.
Availability: Weekdays; occasional weekends, evenings and holidays; starting in late summer/early fall.
How to Apply:
For FULL POSTING and application instructions go tohttp://www.childrenmuseum.org/employment.asp.